Saturday, February 28, 2009

Friends

Yesterday, the topic of friends was brought up between a close friend and me. After our long talk, I began to think about my friends. You know what? I am incredibly blessed. With the exception of elementary school, I have usually had a tight nit group that I could rely upon. Since I've gone to college, I've fallen into a habit of complaining about not having anyone and that I don't fit in with anyone at ACU. After thinking about it though, that is entirely not true. I can think of many many people that I can hang out with and would welcome me with open arms. And as for a close group, Linley and Whitney (though they come from high school with me) have been my stronghold both years. I simply cannot imagine college without them. Sure we have our tiffs, but I love them like sisters.

And as for the other people I have grown close to here at my dear alma mater, (ie Stephanie, Paul, Eric, Doug, Amanda, Ruth, Anne, Liz, Dustin, T'auna, Ashley etc.) they have show me that there are people who want to hang out with me because they want to be with me! How could I possibly think that I don't fit in here? This next weekend, five of us are going to Lubbock for Andy's birthday! How fun will that be!? I have friends.

When I think deeper, I remember my group from high school. Though they don't know it, I think of them constantly, wondering how they are doing. I have a maternal protectiveness for them that makes me worry about their safety. And of course I miss them dearly. These girls have helped shape who I am and have been there for me for the majority of my life. I know that life causes people to drift apart, but the idea of being separated from these girl entirely breaks my heart. I pray that they will feel the same way I do and they will never stop working to keep our relationship alive. Some have started drifting away for whatever reason. Boys seem to be the main reason. Girls, if you read this, please, I beg don't forget us. We need each other and what we have is a blessing. Let's not squander it.

Thank you all for being my friend. I'm sorry this is so sappy, but I just needed to get some feelings out. I love you a very much.

1 comment:

  1. those dang boys. but at least mine likes meeting my friends. i don't think you need to worry about him :D

    can't wait to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete