Monday, April 20, 2009

Being an adult is actually difficult!

Did you know that growing up would be so difficult? How could I be so naive to think that I knew how to do everything? It's a big slap in the face when you realize that you in fact know absolutely nothing. I'm trying to get my living situation squared away for this summer and the upcoming year, and I didn't realize how much I would have to do. This sounds so obvious, but I didn't realize that I would have to sign up for all the different utilities, decide which energy company to use, decide what internet company and plan to use. On top of all that, deciding how many loans I need to take out and for how much.

There is so much figuring, it's driving me nuts. The only good thing out of this is that I'm finding out how difficult this all is before I get married. I would hate to be doing all this while trying to graduate and plan a wedding. This way, I know what to expect. I feel like God has given me this experience for a reason and I know that I am going to learn so much from it, but right now, it makes me sick to think how much money I'll be spending and wondering if this is all worth it. This is worth it, right?

I'm pretty sure this is worth it and I am really excited to finally have a house, a place to call my own. The only thing that I'm really scared about besides the money is my roommates. I don't know them very well, and so far when I try to get them to meet me so we can go over logistics, they don't respond which makes me really nervous. I have a feeling that I am going to be "just living" in the house with them. They aren't going to be people I talk to often or hang out with. They will just happen to live in the same house as me. Pray for me, this is a big jump for me.

3 comments:

  1. omg, that's pretty exciting in a terribly scary way. good luck! and feel free to share any advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it girl! If anybody could handle all the craziness, it's definately you! I'll be praying for you and your roomies. I know how important that can be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, you aren't alone! this summer i'm going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything for my apartment. Matt has even said that he's holding off on proposing because he doesn't want me getting too stressed with school and planning a wedding. (he's perfectly fine with the idea of eloping though :P) we can totally help each other this summer. i know i'll need a fellow girl to help with some stuff.

    ReplyDelete