Thursday, April 23, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

My house situation fell through. If God told me any louder to live at home, their would be a booming voice echoing from the sky that they entire world could hear. Every time I try to live somewhere else, it doesn't work. Last night I was running numbers to make sure I could afford my place. I thought I could. And turns out, I can...for the fall and spring semesters, but not this summer. I was going to have to take out $1000 in non-federal loans, which, if you've looked into them are basically a walking scam.

There are 5 different loans. 4 out of 5 loans have variable interest rates. If you know anything about loans and finance, then you know that that is a huge NO NO!!! So that cuts out those options. The last one had a fixed interest rate of 6% which is typical for student loans, but it had a 3% to 5% origination fee. Again, for those who don't know, that is where they take out a percentage of the amount you take out. So, if I took out $1000, I might only get $850 of it, but I would still have to pay $1000 and the interest on it. So that is completely unfair! I realized that I am trying way too hard to make this work and I would be getting myself into a mess if I tried any harder. As I told Andy, I think I knew this wouldn't work from the very beginning (I usually have a really good gut instinct), but I just didn't want to listen. So last night I had to call the two girls I would be living with and the landlords to inform them of my situation. That was so hard. I cried for about 15 minutes on the phone with Andy before I actually talked to anyone. I felt so guilty for letting people down.

God, however, knows how to make things work. There is already a potential girl who is looking into taking my place and now I will actually have money left over since I'm living with my parents. This isn't my ideal living situation, but if this is what God has planned for me, then I will most certainly oblige. What I learned from this is that my gut feelings that I have learned to ignore probably is God talking to me and that I should trust God entirely. This seemed like something that I could handle, but God can even handle the small things and expects you to lean entirely on Him. Thank you God.

2 comments:

  1. i'm really proud of you for making this decision, no matter how hard it was...i'd say that this was definitely a God thing and it was good that you listened! we're in the same boat together, and at least we'll be on the same side of town now, lol

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things aren't working out the way that you want them to, but I'm sure that you will overcome any obstacles that arise from living at home. Everything will be okay in the end. Loves!

    ReplyDelete