Saturday, January 24, 2009

Adventures in Tortilla Land (Lubbock for those who don't know)

For those who know me well, you know that I am in no way daring. I stick to the rules, and if anything seems the least big out of sorts, I will literally flee. So this past weekend when I went to Lubbock with Linley, I had my first daring streak! Here's how it all went down.

Linley and I were in Andy's room. We had just finished studying and now we had ordered a pizza and were about to watch the movie "What Happens in Vegas" (which if you haven't seen you need to. It is so funny!). So after the movie, I was on a little sugar high and couldn't sit still. We all played cards and when we were done, Linley exclaimed that she needed to use the bathroom. Since we were in Andy's dorm, we couldn't use the bathroom on that floor because it is a guy's bathroom and it most certainly wasn't late enough for us to sneak in. We had to go down two floors to the guest bathroom. Linley was wearing a cami because she didn't want to get pizza on her nice shirt. So she looked all sexy and cute. Why shouldn't I? Ironically I was wearing the same cami underneath my nice shirt. So I stripped down to my cami and jeans and formulated a plan. Why I thought of this, I can't say.

I decided that Linley and I would link arms with Andy on either side of him, strut our stuff down the hall, and see how many weird looks or double takes we get. For those of you who are not familiar with Andy, he doesn't exactly hang out with girls when I'm not around. He's such a good guy. So if any of his neighbors saw him with two girls dressed the way we were, we would definately get some looks. We leave his room and start "strutting" down the hallway, only to not run into a single person! I was so disappointed. Andy and I waited outside the bathroom for Linley to get done and quickly started heading back to his room. Only this time, Andy's 3 neighbors were lining the hallway. The way they were standing, we had to walk right between them. So I turn the strut back on, and the moment Linley and I reached them, they got silent. I tried not to look at them, but what I did see was wide eyes and there could have been question marks over their heads like that "I'm thinking Arby's" sign in the commercials. Man I felt HOT!

So we get back to Andy's room and all three of us start cracking up. Andy was beaming. I think that night the poor thing felt like a man. He had two hot girls, and they had nothing. In fact, the next day he said, "I wanted to look them straight in the eye and say 'you may have your beer and slutty girls, but I have two hot women and you have NOTHING!'" And you know what, even though I probably shouldn't have done that and it was in no way lady like, it kinda boosted my self-esteem too. I felt hot. I had three guys check me out and my man was proud of me. I guess I had never really thought about it, but it is really nice to know that Andy would gladly say, "this is my woman and she is hot."

So no the night wasn't exactly "daring" and I didn't put my life in danger like most college students, but it was exciting and I felt good! Oh and later on that night we took a walk around campus and this girl and guy burst out of Andy's dorm panting. As they walked past us, I heard the guy pant "man that was some good sex." I thought I had heard wrong until Andy said something about it. UGH! Who does that and says something so we can hear it! At least wait to leave until you can stop breathing hard! It was a very eventful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment