Saturday, January 24, 2009

License and Registration Ma'am


Would you believe that for the first time in my life, I was pulled over for a traffic violation? Yes, me! Driving Miss Daisy Sarah! I couldn't believe it either. I've always imagined what it would be like when I was finally pulled over. Would I cry? Would I talk really fast? Would I make a complete fool of myself so that the officer thought there was something wrong with me and gave me a sobriety test? Well, tonight when I saw the bright lights of the Highway Patrolman's car, I calmly pulled over. Like I had done this a hundred times! But once I got to the side, my head started to race. What did I do? I wasn't speeding. I'm pretty sure I used my blinker back there when I was changing lanes. Oh no, what if I was weaving and he thinks I'm drunk!?


The officer walks over to my car and says in the best Barney Fife voice ever, "Ma'am, I am a Highway Patrol Officer. I have pulled you over because you have a headlight out."

Me: "Really? Which one?"

Officer: "That one" (points to passenger side)

Me: "Oh thank you sir, I will definately get that fixed."

Officer: "Ma'am I need to see your license and registration"

I hand him both.

Officer: "Where were you headed Miss?"

Me: "ACU"

Officer: "Are you from Abilene?"

Me: "Uh...yes."

Officer: Looks at my registration "And who's this...Bradley Gallaway?"

Me: My dad...

Officer: Mhmm...well, MISS Gallaway, this will be a warning, but let me reitterate that your headlight is out and you need to get that fix A..S..A..P.


So he takes my license and runs my information in his car. Let me tell you that I just got back from the movies and I REALLY needed to use the bathroom. He takes almost 7 minutes running my information in his car. Meanwhile, I am rocking back and forth in my car saying to myself, "I gotta pee, I gotta pee, I gotta pee." When he finally returns, he hands me my license and the piece of paper that says I almost committed a crime (it says Violator: Sarah Gallaway, Warning: Defective Head Lamp). And then he says, "well, Miss Gallaway, here's your warning and you best get that headlight fixed." And then walks off and waits for me to drive off.


That was the most awkward and strange event I have ever had. That man was so weird and he kept me too long. I needed to potty. Well, I can honestly say that I've been pulled over. Well, at least I didn't get a ticket.

3 comments:

  1. It always takes a while, and it always seems awkward...just so you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, I got pulled over on the way to Denton once. I was going about 15 miles over the speed limit. My heart was beating so fast while he looked me up on his computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just turned up my music and waited...then you called a bit later, haha

    ReplyDelete